Markets, Trends, Developments
Sustainable Recycling Solutions
Closed Loop Concepts
Process / Product Development
Root Cause Analyses
- Hydrometallurgical specialist for refractory metals with focus on Molybdenum, Rhenium and Tungsten.
- Extensive experience and skills in solvent extraction, ion exchange, crystallization, precipitation, calcination, reduction and ore processing technologies.
- Profound expertise in application engineering, development of customized product solutions and closed-loop recycling concepts.
- Expert for product and process development, process audits, trouble-shooting, continuous improvement, statistical process control and process cost reductions.
- Deep knowledge in the refractory metals market including primary and secondary raw materials and products.
- Networking in the global conversion and recycling market.
- Hands-on personality with a strong focus on processes, target-oriented, structured, straightforward, excellent learning aptitude, quick grasp of complex technical issues. Open minded, friendly, easy to get on with.
|Title||Publication number||Publication date|
|Recovery of molybdenum from molybdenum bearing sulfide materials by bioleaching in the presence of iron||CL2007002260 (A1)||11.01.2008|
|Production of pure molybdenum oxide from low grade molybdenite concentrate||HK1122546 (A1)||31.08.2012|
|Spezielle Calixarene und ihre Verwendung||AT498602 (T)||15.03.2011|
|Method for the decomposition and recovery of metallic constituents from superalloys||US5776329 (A)||07.07.1998|
|Method for producing lithium-transition metal mixtures||US6875416 (B1)||05.04.2005|
|Oxygen-containing molybdenum metal powder and processes for its preparation||US5037705 (A)||06.08.1991|
|Production of pure molybdenum oxide from low grade molybdenite concentrates||US2005019247 (A1)||27.01.2005|
|Method for producing lithium transition metallates||US6447739 (B1)||10.09.2002|
|Method for producing lithium-transition metal mixtures||EP1058673 (B1)||13.12.2000|
|Method for separating copper impurities from molybdate solutions.||EP0439744 (A1)||07.08.1991|
|Process for preparing lithium-transient metallates||CZ20002931 (A3)||14.03.2001|
|Method for preparing lithium transition metalates||CA2511380 (A1)||27.08.1998|
|Sauerstofhaltiges Molybdänmetallpulver sowie Verfahren zu dessen Herstellung||AT90242 (T)||15.06.1993|
|1971 – 2014||A career of 43 years with H.C. Starck in Goslar at different positions|
|2013 – 2014||Senior scientist R&D in the knowledge and innovation management team|
|2006 – 2013||Senior manager application engineering. Head of the catalyst application laboratory. Global responsibility for technical customer support in the catalyst industry. Core area: development of customized recycling solutions from spent catalysts and off-grade raw materials to high grade chemicals.|
|1998 – 2002||Participation and since 2001 head of an international joint development team, focusing on alternative Molybdenum raw material sources and new processing technologies.|
|1995 – 2006||Quality management representative and plant laboratory manager at the H.C. Starck Business Group Hardmetal, Mill Products and Chemicals (HMC). Process documentation, plant audits, implementation of statistical process control in chemical processes.|
|1991 - 1995||Laboratory manager of the Mo/Re/Co/Ni plant laboratory. Responsible for analytics, product development and process improvements including process scale up from lab to plant.|
|1974 – 1990||Laboratory assistant in the Mo chemicals plant laboratory. Core activity product and process development. Main focus on solvent extraction, ion exchange and crystallization technologies.|
|1992 - 1994||Engineer of Analytics and Spectroscopy at Leipzig University, Institute of Analytical Chemistry (correspondence degree course of study)|
|1989 – 1992||State-Certified Chemical Engineer (Chemietechniker) at ILS, Institut für Lernsysteme, Hamburg (correspondence degree course of study)|
|1971 – 1974||Chemical Laboratory Worker apprenticeship at H.C. Starck, Goslar|
- Recycling Metals from Industrial Waste
- Basics of Business Administration, Improving Financial Performance
- Professional Acting in Customer Contacts, Sales Trainings
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Statistical Process Control for Chemical Processes
- Leadership, Communication, Cooperation, Conflict Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Lean Management
- Legal Foundations (e.g. operational obligations/duties/permits, labor law, waste management, contract law, chemicals law, REACh)
- Occupational health and safety